How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
What cannot be held, touched, or felt but is priceless in value?
This question is great to bring up at family gatherings or friendly get-togethers. Odds are you will get a plethora of responses. Many will be reasonable while others will be completely outrageous.
The answers, if they meet the definition provided above, would describe intangible assets. Everyone’s list of their intangible assets will be different but would probably include such examples as:
- Family relationships
A common denominator between your intangible assets is you are ultimately responsible for taking care of them and no one else. And with this comes a big responsibility.
So how does someone take care of their personal assets?
The answers will be as varied as the intangible assets themselves. However, it may help if we consider an exercise by famed investor Warren Buffet proposed in a recent interview.
Image if Warren gave you a car absolutely free of charge. The car could be any one you desired. You could choose a Ford or Ferrari. A Buick or Bentley. Any car imaginable.
But there is one catch… this car will be the only one you will ever own for your entire life.
Knowing this, how would you take care of the car?
Most likely you take extremely good care of the car to ensure it runs in tip-top shape and for as long as it can.
You only have one mind and body. Treating them as the only ones you will ever have, just like the car, would be to keep both operating at the highest levels possible. This means keeping your skills sharp, increasing your knowledge, and maintaining a well-balanced life of fitness and health. Friends and family too need special care to ensure they grow and blossom into beautiful facets of your life.
We so easily forget we are here but for a fleeting moment of time. So, take care of your intangible assets, because they are indeed the only ones you’ll ever have!
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- Eating for Energy: Foods that Boost Your Stamina and Productivity
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Thriving in Your Golden Years: Strategies for Aging Gracefully and Vibrantly
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- Reduce Stress: Develop Patience
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Long-term Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How to Improve Your Health: The 5 Main Aspects of Wellness
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- Are you underinsured for your circumstances?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- How to Maintain Our Body
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The Body After 60: Overcoming Barriers to Exercise
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Foods you had no idea you could freeze
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Medicare and Medicaid: Dual eligibility
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- What’s Keeping You from Losing Weight?
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Your NEW Social Security Statement
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff (Copy)
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer